- Pottsville High School Home
- About Pottsville High
- English and Foreign Language
- Social Studies
- Career & Technical Education
- Art and Music
- Distance Learning
- Advanced Placement
- Research Skills and Resources
- ALE / Credit Recovery
- Clubs and Activities
- Media Center
- PHS Newsletter
- Student Surveys
- Pottsville District Home Page
The Pottsville High School Graduation will stream LIVE from this link on Saturday May 18th at 2:00 pm. PHS Class of 2013
2013/14 school year. Forms may be picked up at the superintendent’s office. All
forms must be submitted by June 1, 2013. More information may be obtained by
Annette Bewley Environmental And Spacial Technology
Welcome to the PHS E.A.S.T. Lab
Facilitator: Annette Bewley
Prep Hour: 5th Hour (12:35-1:25)
Lab Phone: 479-890-2554 e-mail address: email@example.com
The EAST educational model is student-centered. It has been nationally recognized as an innovative, relative and successful approach to education and developing 21st century skills. It is a project based, service learning class that provides students with the most current high-end technologies available in some of the most progressive fields in the world. East is a coordinated attempt to provide today's students with an educational atmosphere which allows them to gain instight into their own abilities, acquire and use informtion, solve problems, and gain valuable experience in becoming life long learners.
The EAST Philosophy: The EAST Philosophy is based on the following educational principles:
- All students have value and deserve the opportunity to demonstrate their value to their school and community.
- Educational experiences must be relevant, challenging, purposeful, and student centered.
- The physical educational environment must include state of the art real-world tools and reflect a work-like setting.
- Educators should serve as resource guides, managers, and learner facilitators.
- Learning should be self-directed as much as possible and oriented towards real world projects that engage students in independent and interdependent roles.
- High expectations must be individually established for all students and must drive their efforts to achieve their potential.
Course Description: The EAST lab is a multi-station Microsoft Windows based lab that offers students a variety of differnt types of hardware and software applications. The students also have access to two Mac workstations. Among the opportunities for growth in EAST is the chance to learn more about:
- Networking and Network Administration
- Desktop Pulblishing
- Presentation Applications
- Computer Aided Design
- Visualization Software
- Global Positioning Systems (GPS)
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
- Web Page Design
- Computer Generated Animation
- Database Management
- Virtual Reality
- Digital Photography
- Digital Video Production and Editing
To learn more about EAST please visit: http://www.eastproject.org/
Previous page: Pottsville FFA
Next page: Cecilia Gray - Family and Consumer Sciences (FACS)